Saturday, September 13, 2014

Take A Leap

A million points to whoever can name where this image comes from. And just like the the Swiss army, the points don't matter! Also...a million points if you can name where that "line" came from!

.com dating is scary.
I've mentioned in previous blogs how hard it is to trust what you are reading in people's profiles, and what you are being told by the people who talk to you.
How do you ever really know that what they are saying it real?
How do you ever really know what their intentions are?
I don't even think those "worries" are exclusive to .com dating. You never really "know" people. People you thought would never be capable of doing something, do the very thing you think them incapable of. How do you trust people?!
I'm not a weirdo who thinks no one can be trusted. I KNOW some people in the .com universe are honest. I know this because I'm one of those people, and others have to exist. Plus I've seen real live .com dating success stories.  Still, I'm very very very skeptical of the strangers I meet online.

I was contacted by a guy recently who was very forward. Not inappropriately forward. Just very much like, "This is what I'm thinking...how do YOU feel about it?"
I've had other guys be forward, but this guy's (we'll call him, Nonso) forward was different.
After a few days of talking to Nonso, I confessed to him that .com dating is kind of creepy, and scared me for the above stated reason: You just never really know who these people are.
I said to him, "You don't know me, and I don't know you!"
He then called me out.
He said for someone who professes to be a Christian, trusting God 100%, I don't have any faith.
He said, "If you really want to know if my intentions are pure, ask God, because He DOES know me."
I was...surprised.
Nonso is 100% right.
I spend all this time worrying about who these people are, and the answer is SO simple.
But sometimes the simplest things are the hardest to grasp.

3 comments: