Thursday, July 10, 2014

She Doesn't Even Go Here!

(My title comes from a WONDERFUL movie! Name it and I'll mentally give you a gold star!)
There are myriads of ridiculously specific dating sites available. From equestriancupid.com to farmersonly.com, and my favorite purrsonals.com. So why would someone who doesn't fit the "criteria" join one of these sites?
I'm a Latter Day Saint, so naturally I joined a dating site for fellow Latter Day Saints. I'm continually surprised by people who aren't LDS that are on the site I subscribe to.
I have another friend who is a Christian. She is on christianmingle.com and just the other day we expressed our mutual confusion for people who join these religion specific sites, and yet when given the chance to rate their church attendance they openly say, "Never."
Why join a religion specific site if you don't even "go there"? Join match.com, or eharmony.com or okcupid.com...something that isn't so specific.
Not that I don't love people who aren't LDS. Flirt to convert right (wink, wink), but it just seems odd that people would pay to "mingle" with a very specific group of people.
I met a Jewish guy the other day on my site. (A very attractive and successful Jewish guy might I add! That's not important, but I felt like including it, haha!) He gave me his cell #, we text a few times, and then he called me. After our long/awkward/semi-inappropriate conversation my mind was even more boggled as to why he would WANT to be on an LDS dating site.
There are plenty of fish in the sea, my Jewish friend, maybe you'll have better success casting your net elsewhere!

2 comments:

  1. Mean Girls (and Ive never seen it). Some people, guys mostly - it seems, go to religious sites when they aint so religious because the girls are... a challenge, for lack of a better word...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really sad. I hate the games people play. especially with something so important as building new relationships. Not nice.

      Delete