Sunday, July 27, 2014

Shopping Is Fun!

My mind is occupied with other things right now, but I promised people I'd blog about my YSA conference expierence. Here is what I could muster.
I have previously eluded to the idea that online dating is like shopping for men. (click here for that blog)
Recently I was invited to a LDS Young Single Adults conference (you are considered a "young" single adult in the LDS church if you are 18-29 and unmarried). By invited I mean I got a text that went like this, word for word, "This weekend I'm going to St. Louis to shop for men. You wanna come with me?"
I've never been to one of these conferences, and I'd actually prided myself on that fact.
But I'm an online dater now, I have no pride, so I decided, "What the heck! I'm in!"

Here's the tricky business about being a 28 year old woman at a YOUNG single adult conference. 
I don't fit in!
I'm 99.9% sure I was the oldest female there. In fact, I stood behind a girl in the registration line who started Junior High the same year I was graduating college.
I found myself texting my friends as a lifeline for my sanity. I text one friend and said, "I'm surrounded by idiots!" to which he kindly replied, "Haha!" Though I didn't think it was all that funny, considering I had only been at the conference for 1/2 hour.
The friend I went to the conference with said, "I feel like all of these men just crawled out of their mamma's basement and forgot to shower on the way out the door." It was THAT bad.

During registration, one guy was trying to impress the women there by getting across the room by jumping over the couch...he didn't jump high enough and he tripped.
Most of the men that weekend tripped over the proverbial couch.

I'll stick to online dating for now.

1 comment:

  1. Cute blog! U r good at writing and expressing things! I wish I had your talent!

    ReplyDelete