Friday, June 20, 2014

To Market, To Market




When you really get down to it there is something so undignified about searching through the profiles of an online dating site. AND being one of the searched.
My sister and I have joked that we are perusing the "Man Catalog" when we search the available profiles. I see someone I find attractive, and I mentally add them to my "wish list".
Every time I log onto the website I feel like I'm going shopping. And let's face it! I'm PAYING to see these  profiles, so essentially I AM shopping, I just had to pay to get in the stupid store!
When I'm in the mood to shop I'll go into a store not knowing if they'll have what I'm looking for. Usually I'm not even sure of what I'm looking for. I'll pull things off the rack, and hold them up while looking in the mirror. Some items are worthy of trying on, some go right back on the shelf. I scrutinize the racks knowing I want something. More often then not I leave the store empty handed, having talked myself into saving money.
But every once in a while, after tirelessly searching, I finally spot what I'm looking for, and I think, "Duh! That is what I wanted the whole time!"

No comments:

Post a Comment