Thursday, June 26, 2014

Poofread, Proofreed, Proofread!

My high school computer teacher had a little piece of paper right next to the printer that said, "Poofread, Proofreed, Proofread!" Too bad we can't hang that little sign next to everyone's "save" button, to remind them to proofread before they submit their profiles!
I stressed out while writing my "greeting" because it's the first impression searchers get of you. Well......actually your PICTURE is the first impression, but AFTER you've passed the picture test, people read your greeting and decide weather to read the rest of your profile. I'll be honest, I change my greeting like once a week, because I stress out about it!
It baffles me when people don't proofread their profile greeting!
Some examples:


I'm glad you don't have to know how to punctuate to be in the Army.
I'm guessing English 101 is going to be in year 3 of school, because you obviously haven't taken it yet.
First, Nate, you are 18 years old and live in Layton, Utah with almost 70,000 people (And yes I DID look it up). Get off the computer and go MEET some people. Second, I feel like you have no right to be requiring such specific heights if you don't know how to use a period.

"You" only needs to be capitalized at the BEGINNING of a sentence, not the end, and if you don't know that, we aren't going to be doing anything for the rest of "are" lives.


Some people have a grasp of the English language, but they try to get clever, and it just doesn't bode well.

Yeah...No.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Lord of the Rings, but calling me "my precious" on our first encounter IS creepy. That is more like 3rd date material!
If I didn't think it would be an invasion of privacy I would have posted this guys picture, because he is CREEPY LOOKING! That is half of the reason his profile is so odd, because who feels it necessary to profess their love for the Backstreet Boys, especially Nick Carter?! Welcome to the 10's dude! No one cares about the Backstreet Boys! (Can I just point out that the 10's doesn't quite have the ring as, the 80's or the 90's, but what else do you call this decade?) 

  Unlike some people's opinion of me, I don't think I'm too picky when it comes to the profiles I choose to scroll past.


2 comments:

  1. LOL. hahah i love reading these just for a good laugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize I've missed so many posts!! I LOVED this one!!! You're a riot!!

    ReplyDelete