Monday, August 18, 2014

Age Is Just A Number

I have always had a love for old men.  They are adorable to me. I used to joke that I wanted to have an old man "zoo" so I could just observe them at my leisure. (I know it's weird...I'M weird).
On a completely unrelated note...haha....I've always pictured myself "ending up with" a guy who is older than me. I think every girl does. From the time I was little I always thought my husband had to be older.
Online you can limit your search down to the tiniest detail. My typical search is pretty broad. I usually search for a male, with a profile picture, who is 5'5 or taller, and is between the ages of 29-39.
I recently had a friend tell me, "Tacy, age is just a number!" We'd been talking about the dating potential around here. I said everyone was too young; he did not agree.
I guess I do agree to some extent, that age is just a number, but let me throw a couple real life situations out there, just to play devil's advocate.
On more than one occasion I have had "flirts" (which are vague, "cookie cutter"-site generated messages you can quickly send to someone whose profile you are viewing. Example: "I'm interested! Let's get to know each other!") or personal messages from men who are WAY older than me. As in 60+!
The first one I brushed off as an accident, saying "Meh-that's just a computer illiterate man who accidentally sent me a "flirt". But then the next day he sent me another one. And he's sent me yet another one.
I also had a guy, screen-named Gunslinger43, who saved me as a "favorite" and sent me a personal message telling me he was impressed by my profile, that he liked my pictures, and he wanted to "get to know me". He didn't have a picture posted, so I clicked on his profile to see what he was all about. The 43 in his screen name? That's the year he was born, haha. He's 71 years old! I ignored his message, and he sent me another one about a week later! The only reason I'd be half tempted to respond is if he was going to leave me a whole lot of money sometime soon (if you catch my drift), but his profile says he, "Lives a humble life". 

Maybe Gunslinger43 was sitting around with his friends and they said, "Gunslinger, age is just a number!"
Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment