Saturday, August 2, 2014

I'll Have The Pie


I couldn't decide whether to name this blog, I'll Have The Pie (as in humble pie) or Judge not, Lest ye be Judged!
One of the first posts I wrote (you can find it here) was about texting, and a guy I nicknamed R2.
The last thing I said about R2 was this, "So I guess it's back to the man catalog for me! This guy was a dud!"
Well...I have to rescind that statement.
R2 was/is not a "text friend" dud. He's not very good at texting, and I get a lot of "haha" and "lol", but he's always there, and will always respond to what I say. It's great. It helps that he is 2 hours behind me, so when I'm awake at 2am, it's only midnight his time, and he is almost always ready to chat until I fall asleep. In fact, we're texting right now, and for some reason I love the fact that I am the one who will end our conversation by being the first one to "go to bed". Is that weird? Yeah...a little bit huh.
One day R2 and I were texting and I can't remember exactly what was being said, but it somehow lead to him saying, "I don't judge people," and I said, "Me either!" And I quickly realized that was very untrue.
I judge people. Especially online. And I judged R2 A LOT. To the point where I had to apologize to him, because in one of our many conversations I found out something about him that explained why I thought he was a "dud" in the first place, and I felt AWFUL.

I still think you have to judge a little, but I judged him pretty harshly. Hopefully I've learned my lesson.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be honest, because I'm nosey, I often find myself wanting more details on these entertaining blogs!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete