Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Make Your Own Kind Of Music


That quote/phrase/saying, (whatever you want to call it) sums up my feelings exactly.
I was taught by my wonderful mother that I have worth, and I shouldn't base my success as a woman on if I have a boyfriend/husband. As a result of her constantly reminding me to love ME, I feel like I DO love me. I am a confident, independent woman.  I don't "need" someone to complete me, because I AM complete. If I had a husband he wouldn't be completing me, he'd be an addition to my complete-self.
Metaphor Warning: It's like singing a solo compared to singing a duet. Both can be beautiful, both can be awful; but one isn't better than the other just because there is an additional voice. Does that make sense?
But...just like the picture above says, there is something so appealing about having that "someone".
Which is why I ".com date". Because even though I'm happy singing my own song, it doesn't HURT to want someone to sing with.
Right?

3 comments: